Saturday, September 6, 2008

Should naming children be a supervised activity?

Dear laFamily:

I saw you today when I was driving my son to his school party. You were in the left lane and far enough ahead of me so that when we came to the stoplight I could see your "bragging" stickers on the back of your Suburban. You know the stickers that say "MHS Varsity Football - Caden", etc. The ones that most professionals say DON'T PUT ON YOUR CAR BECAUSE IT MAKES IT EASIER FOR PEDOPHILES TO GAIN YOUR CHILDREN'S TRUST IF THEY KNOW THEIR NAME AND WHAT THEIR INTERESTS ARE - but I digress. That's not what I'm writing to you about.

Actually, I wanted to comment on the amazing originality of your children's names. Believe me, I realize that all the good ones are taken and that you really have to struggle to be original.

I just want to say that I applaud your ingenuity. I salute your creative risk-taking. I commend you for going so far out on a limb.

I just hope that your lucky girls, LaKayla and LaChrista feel the same way...

Way to go LaMom. You LaRock!

Much love,


2 comments:

Mom2Girls said...

LaTracy you freaking crack me up!! You even made my LaHusband LOL...Love it!!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

You have me OTFLMAO!!! (and that's the first time I've used that acronym... thanks to Christina!) You are too, funny and I totally agree... Jason will hear this in the morning... and OH YES! about the names on the cars, backpacks, etc. dangerous!... but I digress :-)