Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ode de Octogenerian

Bath and Body Works.

I NEVER go there.

If I have their Antibacterial Soap it's because my mom bought them for me.

TK needed a birthday gift for his teacher and we finally found the time Sunday evening at 5:30. My mom suggested lotions, etc from Ulta. Should have listened to her. Instead I parked at the first store in the strip mall, Bath and Body Works.

I found a good candle (Caramel Pumpkin) for TK's teacher and kitchen/bathroom soap - 3 for $10 for me.

Then I crossed the blurry line. The one that sounds like "STICK WITH WHAT YOU KNOW. NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR BEING ADVENTUROUS. YOU ARE ALONE IN A SMELL STORE WITH TWO ORNERY LITTLE KIDS AND YOU AREN'T THINKING STRAIGHT."

But I ignored that and threw caution to the wind and for good measure I tossed in a room spray called "Sandalwood Vanilla". Ummmmm, right? Smelled so delish in the store. BUT, that could have been, and probably was, because it was mixed in with the other eleventy-hundred scents in the store, creating an illusion of Ummmmmmm.


I *somehow* and I really mean *somehow* accidentally sprayed a tiny drop of Sandalwood Vanilla in my cargo area...

My WHOLE car now stinks.

My car now stinks like "Ode de Mature Woman Wearing Some Estee Lauder Fragrance That Expired Like 5 Years Ago."

What's my point?

I don't recommend Sandalwood Vanilla as a way to freshen anything.



2 comments:

Mom2Girls said...

Ahh the vanilla sandlewood...I learned that leason a long time ago...be patient it will take a while, lol ;)...Also beware of the "Restoration Hardware" sprays - They STINK!!

carrhop said...

Good to know--do they carry anything in 'Day Old Soccer Cleats'? It's my fav....

Blessings!