Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The honeymoon is over

It lasted almost 2.5 weeks though, so that's pretty good.

The letter went something like this...

Dear Parents of _______________:

TK has had a difficult week this week keeping his hands to himself....

And it went on from there to say that "he's a very sweet child", "does seem to be hitting playfully", "has been talked to repeatedly", "is not making good choices".

Phew.

I wrote a short dissertation back to her explaining that we would work on this. I love his teacher and so does he so that's a good place to start from.

This hitting thing - should be a piece of cake. Not counting the 4 times he hit or got rough with the little one in the 3 hours he's been home from school. I guess we'll start tomorrow. :-<



4 comments:

Mom2Girls said...

Aww the first one is always the hardest, I know my letter isn't to far behind ;) Hope his day goes better tomorrow!!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Oh goodness Tracy... your post actually makes me feel better. I've been having such a hard time with Willy this week with hitting and pulling hair (Abby's)... he's not hitting playfully though. I'm concerned. At least I'm not alone? :-) Thanks for making me feel a little better, but I'm there with you. I hope it goes better.

carrhop said...

Okay, I probably shouldn't be giggling--but the combination of the title of this post with the abbreviated language of the letter--okay, it's hysterical!---okay, now I'm trying to come up with something constructive to say----nope, just gonna keep giggling ;o)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Good post.