Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"This is like a dream...

and I hope I wake up soon." Saith Tiki last night.

Sunday evening I was cooking him some bacon the old fashioned way (stove top frying). Before the pan warmed up he came over and peeked over the edge to see and sniff. Then he went back to the den to wait for it to cook. I turned away from the stove to put something in the sink and I hear "OWWWWWW - that grease popped!!!!! I need some ice!". So I grab a damp paper towel and wrap some ice cubes in it and send him away again - not even looking at his face. After dinner he was on the water slide and came over to say something and I noticed a HUGE white smiley patch where there was no skin under his nose. Evidently he put his nose on the edge of the frying pan to peek at the bacon and it burned his little nose. YOWCH! So we aloed it up good last night and today it's all scabbed over. Poor baby.

So then yesterday evening after dinner we decide to take a little drive (I know gas prices, but we went in the neighborhood). I had a new pack of Positively Pom gum and Teeks wanted to try it. I gave him a piece and the rest of the drive went something like this...

AHHHH the gum has my fingers trapped!

TK put that gum back in your mouth, please

Ok.

Yikes, the gum has leaped on to my ear!

TK, I'm serious. If I catch you with that gum out again, it's curtains for you.

Yes ma'am.

Mommy, look what the gum did now!

I turned around to see the gum stretched from his mouth to his forehead and from cheek to cheek.

I had Todd pull the car over, but it was too late. By the time I got around the vehicle, the bangs (which were shaggy anyway) had landed on the gum and were stuck there - smelling like pom and creating some sort of bizarre pink widow's peak - like a chunk of hair pasted to his forehead. I couldn't help but laugh...

I told Teeks to leave it alone and that we'd have to cut it out when we got home.

He sat there quietly for a few minutes and then we heard...

"This is like a dream and I hope I wake up soon. First I burn my nose on the bacon pan and then I get this gum stuck in my hair. I hope I wake up from this dream soon."

Poor Teeks...

No comments: