Thursday, July 10, 2008

It was like listening to myself

Today I took the kids (oh yeah, both at the same time) out of the house. We met my mom and grandmother for running around and lunch. I usually won't - under any circumstances - take the kids to a restaurant - because it just isn't fun. But today I knew this particular restaurant - Tin Star - would not be crowded in the 'burbs and there were 3 of us against 2 of them.

So...we get there and order and are waiting for our food when two moms come in with their two boys each. If I had to guess, I would say 8 or 9 and 4 or 5. They took a few tables next to us and the switch flipped and those kids when ape crazy. I mean, running along the length of booths, jumping over chairs, pressing all the drink dispensers making the drinks go everywhere - you name it. One even got taken to the restroom for an "attitude adjustment". My kids were mesmerized by the hooligans...for real.

TK stepped in to crochety old man mode and turned around from watching those kids and said "Those kids have been reading too many comic books. They have been watching too much TV. They have had too much caffeine. Those kids are just crazy and they are acting bad."

Awwww. He's speaking from personal experience. Kids after his own heart.

1 comment:

Mom2Girls said...

my mom always says - if your kids know how to act in public you've done your job...Your kids even know how to point out those who didn't - job well done!!!!!!