Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Worse than being dead?

I don't even know where to begin with this one. Normally this would be an "overheard" but this one needs a little background for it to be as funny as it was...

So...overheard...with background.

Tonight I was making hamburgers for dinner. I was doctoring the meat up and TK walked by so I asked him to grab the meat container and put it in the trash. He only had one hand and when he grabbed the container it flipped up and some of the blood got on his wrist. He pulled his wrist in to sniff it and I said "CAREFUL that's blood!". His eyes got really big and he said "Real blood???"

I said "Yes, real blood. Put that in the trash and go wash your arm off."

On the way around the baby gates I could see him in the hall and he was sniffing his wrist again and said "What's the blood from?" I told him it was from the meat and he wanted to know what kind of meat. I said "The hamburger, the meat from the cow."

He finished washing his arm and came back out from the bathroom and all the way back around to the kitchen. When he got there he said "I bet that cow was FURIOUS!" and I said "The cow was furious...? Why would the cow be furious?"

"BECAUSE YOU TOOK IT'S MEAT!"

And then he walked off in the "DUH" huff.

I mean, I never would have thought about how angry the cow must be and it just seemed mean to tell him that the cow was probably more furious about having to be dead...

3 comments:

Mom2Girls said...

ROFLMAO!!!! I would love to have the kids perspective again - TOO CUTE!!

donna manning said...

Where does he come up with these things?! He is the funniest person I know. That is too funny and cute.

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

That is so funny! He's too cute!