Sunday, July 13, 2008

Staying home with kids...not so much

Since the day I brought TK home I have said "I really want to be able to stay home with my kids." We need two incomes so it's never been an option. Today I say thank goodness. I'm horrible at this! I think I would be better if I could spend as much as I wanted to do things here in TX. In the summer here you pretty much have to be inside and most places that provide you with their A/C either want you to pay (imagine that) or you have to buy something. Thank GOD for the library - that gem of a place - with free A/C, children's books and toys for the little one...

I told my mom that I might actually be excited to go back to work...to get a break. :-)

(Just to clarify - my kids are awesome - but they are non-stop! My mom stayed with them Saturday morning for about 4 hours and when I got home she was like "I don't know how you have been doing this - they are exhausting... Um, yeah - that's one word for it.)

3 comments:

Mom2Girls said...

I TOTALLY can relate - I go to work to get a break too...I don't know how some SAHM's do it...

Mom2Girls said...

Oh and btw I got a cbox - haha!!

The Manning Family said...

I, too, can relate to this! I think most at home moms do. I tell people that my 'dainty' little girls would rival any boy that they might come across. They like their nails to be painted and they love dresses, but they are SO not afraid to get down on the floor for some serious rough housing!

I LOVE your new background. So bright and cheerful!

And congrats on passing your certification test. I desperately need to do that myself, but right now there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.