Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh, in-home daycare lady...

From where doth thee come?

I'm on a quest to discover which planet the little one's daycare provider came from...

It all started with TC was around 6 months and I picked him up and on his "paper" it said "I HAD BEEF TODAY." WHAT? Seriously? Beef? He's 6 months - what's the rush?

Then about a month ago I picked him up to find that she had given him meat sticks. When I said something one of the ladies said "Oh he loved the meat sticks you brought". The other said "Oh I bought those - Tracy didn't bring them". So I said "No more - no meat until at least a year - that's what we're doing". After the 1950's ladies gave me grief for being uptight about feeding they said okay and I followed that up with "No more food that we don't bring..."

Then today I got there and she dropped this one... "He had peanut butter toast today and he loved it." Ba-whu?

Did you say peanut butter?

And then she said "So you might want to watch for an allergic reaction tonight."

All I can say is *wow*.

And by wow I mean, how quickly can I find a new place...

No comments: