Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"They were like, so cute and I was like, blushing"

What was I doing talking to a teenage girl from California you ask?

I wasn't.

I was talking to my son...my 5 year old son. That's right. Tiki was "like, blushing".

Here's how it went down.

Saturday afternoon during the little one's nap, Tiki and I went to Sam's for a quick errand. After we finished he asked for a snack - a pretzel and Icee. I agreed and we sat down to have his snack. He was sitting across from me and kept staring at something behind me. I could hear that there were some kids and parents back there and I guess he was interested in them. He started to tell me something and then stopped and right then the people from behind us were walking by. Two girls, probably 12 or 13 years old, walked by and said "Hi" to TK - obviously they were sweet and knew he was staring at them. His face turned red and he put his head down and started giggling. He then looked up and said "Those girls were like, so cute. They said hi and they were like, so cute". I said "TK - how old do you think those girls were?"

And he said "They were like, probably at least 8. Mommy, I was so embarrassed and I was like, blushing".

WTH? Um, you're "like" 5 and it is NOT cool for you to be checking out the ladies yet! When did boys start being programmed this way? Thanks Hannah Montana.

2 comments:

donna manning said...

I read everyday just to get my laughs in! I mean, seriously, where does he come up with stuff? He is definitely your child! That is so funny, and cute.
We're trying to work out a trip to come see everyone end of June. I have already talked to your mom about it.
And, yes, I have rerun the dishwasher and the washing machine before! Guilty.
Love,
Donna and fam

Mom2Girls said...

OMG - That's too much - You can't make this stuff up!! LOL