Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rocky or just a baby with Pink Eye?

And other high stakes drama from the world of daycare going kids...

I hope that my blog is not *that* famous yet because I don't want my neighbors to read it. (haha)

But seriously, the little one goes to a daycare owned by a lady down the street - an in-home daycare. So Friday afternoon I go to pick him up and she says "I think TC has pink eye." I was thinking "Information that would have been useful 5 HOURS AGO!". It's 5:30 Friday afternoon.

He wakes up Saturday pretty okay and we are thinking "Allergies - let's just watch and see how it goes". By Saturday night it is clear that it's not allergies and it is indeed pink eye. So we all suffer through Sunday and hit the doctor first thing Monday morning.

On our way back from the dr and $90 later his daycare provider calls "How is TC? Is he coming today?" I said no - maybe in 24 hours.

Fast forward to this morning and he's looking much better, but we are still not ready to go back to daycare. I get another call

"Is TC coming today?"

"No he's doing better but I think we will wait until Wed morning"

"Oh, did you go to the Dr? What did he have?"

"Pink eye"

"Is that all?"

"Uh, yes. Why"

"Well I'm sick and so is another child and we're trying to figure out what TC gave us"

Ba-whu?

"What do you have?"

"I think I have bronchitis"

"Well, TC has pink eye and that's not bronchitis. Isn't bronchitis a secondary infection from a cold?"

"I don't know. Talk to you later"

Huh. For maybe the first time ever, I was speechless.

No comments: