Thursday, May 1, 2008

"She's like, so whatever"

I had completely forgotten about the in-law visitation incident...

My mother-in-law and I went out last Saturday to buy a neat little crepe myrtle for our front flower bed. Since it was supposed to rain we wanted to come home and get the tree in the ground quickly. So Todd was standing by with the shovel when we drove up. He got started and I went in to find my father-in-law with the kids. I asked Tiki if he wanted to come outside and watch and he did...so he walked out the door singing...as loud as he could "Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend. No way, no way, think you need a new one..." and so on.

My college sophomore across the street neighbor was outside doing lawn work and upon hearing Teeks just stopped...and slowly turned around to stare. I said "Yes, you did hear what you think you heard." Poor Michael.

So a little later Todd and I were getting ready to go to a movie and we came downstairs to find TK and my mother-in-law working a jigsaw puzzle. Mimi said "Oh TK let's sing your song for Gramps." And then without warning I heard my 60-something year old, elected politician, mother-in-law and my 5 year old son...

"Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend. No way, no way, think you need a new one..."

You can't be serious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ25-glGRzI

No comments: