Wednesday, January 23, 2008

And then I stuck my foot in my mouth

In the hallway outside Tiki's classroom the teachers put their "art" on display. There are various and sundry examples of the work they do in class ranging from letter tracing to coloring to worksheets. On the wall just outside there were worksheets that the kids did detailing "What they want to be when they grow up".

TK: Do you want to see my paper that I did for when I grow up?
Me: Yes, definitely!
TK: Here it is. I said I want to be a sheriff. That's me and that's daddy and we're sheriffs together.
Me: Wow, that's really good. Looks like daddy is wearing a top hat and you have a, what is that? a lasso?
TK: Daddy is wearing a sheriff's hat!
Me: Sorry. Oh and what is that? Is that a jail? What a good jail!!!
TK: No, that's the horse!

Todd said I broke one of the main rules of parenting a preschooler. "Don't ever guess what they've drawn if you can't tell the difference between a jail and a horse, idiot."

No comments: