Thursday, June 5, 2008

Don't Ask & Don't Tell, revised edition

A couple of years ago my parents got TK some GI Joe dolls. We thought they would be good toys for him (they were huge) and a good way to practice snaps, dressing and undressing - typical learning stuff. My mom even asked "Will Todd be okay with dolls that can be undressed". I was all "Todd is modern, he will be fine with that" and such. And for the most part, he was...until for the fourth week in a row he found the 2 GI Joe dolls completely naked save for their dog tags around their neck...

That day he renamed them "Don't Ask" and "Don't Tell" and informed us that if they didn't find their clothes quickly they would be dishonorably discharged...

Alas, they did not find their clothes and ended up in the dumpster...naked and alone. End of story. I still do give Todd a hard time about Don't Ask and Don't Tell and he now just grimaces and makes some mumbly comment about letting TK play wth naked dolls, etc.

So this morning Teeks comes in the office carrying Derek, Prince Derek that is from Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses - the boy doll he HAD to have because he had riding boots...naked.

"Mommy, I can't find Prince Derek's clothes"

"Hmmm, yeah, he's naked all right. We need to find some clothes for him pretty quick"

"Well, I can't. I don't know where they are. So can I keep him?"

"What?"

"Can I keep him? Naked?"

"Only until your father finds out..."


At least Derek's not naked with a friend and at least he's not wearing dog tags...

No comments: