Tuesday, June 10, 2008

15 days til "t" day and 24 days til "d" day

So much has transpired in the last week I don't even know where to begin.

The *actual* story is long, much too long to type. The short version is that my goal was to be teaching by the time TK started school (August 2008). I started working on my certificate last summer and during that time left Dr Pepper and went back to FNIS and just worked slowly on my certificate (read - putting off testing...). So last Thursday I scheduled my test for June 25 - that would be "t" day - test day. And in a strange twist of fate I was informed last Friday that as of July 7, my job would be "located" in Florida - with or without me - that would be "d" day - DAMNIT! day :-).

I think it goes without saying that there is pretty much no way we would move. We don't love Texas, but we have done our time in Florida already and that was at the beach. Todd used to say "I would never live in Orlando - I mean, what's the point?"

So the message here is that as of July 7, I am unemployed. That friends is a scary sentence...

I don't normally blog about me because blogging about the inappropriate things my child says is much more interesting, but this is on my mind and even though I'm not telling the whole sordid story it feels better to just say it...

I totally believe in providence so I know that there are bigger and better things in store for me, but as I always say when people say "When one door closes another opens" is "Yes, but it's the time in the hallway that's hard..."

Wish me luck and if you pray - then say one for me :-)!

2 comments:

donna manning said...

I'm not much to give out old cliches, but the truth is that you might never have pursued another occupation (aka teaching) if this had not happened. Whether you agree or cooperate fully, God really does have a plan for you (and everyone else) We're not all just down here floating around (as Forrest Gump speculated).
Go take your test. I know you won't make as much money, but you will be amazed at the stress that would be lifted off you. Life is too short, and those babies will only be with you for a while, and then they are grown.
When I took my school nurse job, I halfed (yes as in 1/2) my salary. I thought we would starve. 18 years later, I still love my job, and as you can see, I'm definitely not starving!
Praying for you...it's going to be fine.
Can't wait to see you....Donna

Mom2Girls said...

Oh I so know how scary it can be...that being said - "everything happens for a reason" I will pray for you and I hope you find something bigger and better in your eyes!! Hang in there.