Thursday, June 26, 2008

20 miles uphill in the snow and other stupid things parents say...

I was going to say "Overheard" but since I said it would it really be overheard???

We picked up TK's new glasses yesterday. They are awesome and he looks so handsome and grown up. They are just too cute. He appears to like them, especially since they turn to sunglasses when he gets in the sun - what a nice feature for a little guy.

If you read my earlier post then you know what we paid for those glasses (thank you EyeMed insurance). So I have been trying to impress upon Teeks how we need to treat the glasses, be so careful, etc. I could tell my message was falling on deaf ears when I found the little one walking around last night holding TK's brand spankin' new spectacles in his sticky hands...laughing. Fearing that my message was never going to sink in and the glasses would be toast in a matter of days I finally pulled out one of my ultimate parent tools - relate it to his greatest love!

"TK put those glasses back on your face! Do you know how much those cost?"

"How much?"

"20 Transformers!!!"

I heard crickets as his jaw slowly dropped open. He did the quick calculation and very gently took the glasses from Bitty, put them on his face, silently turned and walked away...

1 comment:

Mom2Girls said...

Haha Tracy that's great!! Love the logic and how you can see it working - I'll have to use that one!