Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The negotiator

I can't remember if that was the movie with Kevin Spacey or not, but that's not "The Negotiator" I'm referring to. No sir, I'm referring the littlest member of my family - whom I affectionately call "Bitty".

So, a few nights ago Todd was in Arlington and I was home alone with the boys. Bitty had his bath first and TK was in the playroom playing. Bitty heard TK in there and said "See Ty-luh" (we are working on two and three words together). So I said "Yes, you can go see TK for ONE MINUTE and then it's off to bed". He looked at me very seriously and said "Fi minits". I said "No, ONE MINUTE" to which he replied "NO FI MINITS".

I take issue with a 21 month old that negotiates time with me. He's growing up so much faster than TK did. I know it's because he has a big brother to watch - and copy - leading to the following...

  • He tells me to "Be ca-ful" when I get him out of the tub
  • He says "Nah" when you ask him to take medicine. As in - will you take your medicine? Nah
  • He rides a scoooter. Really. He pushes off with his left foot and balances on his right leg and rides - down the hill, up the hill, around the house, across the street - it's the only way to keep up with TK
  • He demands "Ee-me mac" if he's in the mood for Easy Mac
  • He can "buckadeen". That means he likes to buckle his own seatbelt.
  • And lastly he like to talk on the phone to anyone that will listen.

Todd and I like his independence, but sometimes a mama just wants her 21 month old baby to be a baby.

"Nah"

2 comments:

Elle Charlie said...

That is so cute - I love it when they learn to negotiate!

Mom2Girls said...

I ABSOLUTLY hear ya on this one...Lila is the SAME way. Especially on the phone. Everytime I am on the phone she screams "Helwooo" Just to be noticed. They grow WAY too fast. Nice to see you back up Tracy :)