Wednesday, December 10, 2008

O Tannenbaum

Photobucket

"O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum
"Wha-ha-ha the he-heck???"

My in-laws call me "Sweet Deal" because EVERYTHING I own has some sweet deal story behind it. And if you know me then you know that if you comment on anything I'm wearing or anything in my house the next thing you hear will be "Oh - I got at ____ for 65% off" or something similar. I get if from my mom - hands down the best-NEVER-pay-full-price shopper on the planet. And there's something really great about getting a good deal on something you really want/need. KWIM?

Okay - so back to the tree. Like everything else I own I got a GOOD DEAL! We moved to TX in late December 2002. And by late I mean 28th of December so we didn't have a tree that year. Just after Christmas we were shopping at Sears and my mom (of course) spied a 9ft pre-lit, multi-colored light tree - last year's model - for $99. I KNOW! We bought it. BUT, we don't care for multi-colored lights, so we bought eleventy-hundred boxes of tiny white lights and hand replaced every.single.one. Hand.replaced.every.single.light.on.the.9ft.tree. Thinking that it would be a lifetime tree. What we didn't anticipate is that makers of the tiny white lights would revamp the bulb design and the new tiny white lights don't fit our tree.

Bummer.

So, we now have this 9ft beauty in our living room window...with the front blinds closed.

Merry Christmas...

4 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Hey! Love your new look! Bummer bout the tree. Looks great though... mostly! :-)

Anonymous said...

That Christmas tree is so pretty..!

donna manning said...

Just get a strand of lights and put in that space!

T Williams said...

With only 13 days left??? :-) Is that worth it?