Sunday, November 18, 2007

I've got a sharp stick...

And I can't stop poking myself in the eye with it.

I allowed a very keyed up 4.75 year old to go to 'Garden Bridge' with my today and then I okayed a suggestion to follow that up with dinner at a restaurant...good thinking on my part. So, why was I surprised when it got so bad that I had to leave over 1/2 my meal on the table and spend the rest of the time in the parking lot scolding, wiping tears, explaining the problem ad nauseum, scolding more and wiping more tears. Oh, I wasn't. What I am surprised about is that my limited math skills tell me I should weigh much less than I do if I end up skipping 1/2 of my dinner every night. Seriously.

I'm so thankful that 5 is just around the corner. I'm certain that will be a turning point or the point where I freecycle a gently used 5 year old.

No comments: