Sunday, November 18, 2007

I believe in Santa

So, this year as an extra incentive to really step up the behavior game I'm doing a modified version of Elf on the Shelf. By modified I mean, I didn't order that elf, I got my own and invented my own story. I sent my mother on a wild goose chase to find a 'realistic elf' (I know) and she finally found one at Garden Ridge...on a wreath. So she got the wreath and took it home and pulled the elf off only to find that he had a little rod in his back that was holding him to the wreath. To fix that she got some 'patches' of brown felt and glued them all over. The elf totally looks like the hardest worker at the North Pole... Anyway, she also sewed his name (Willie) on one patch and sewed that to his chest. I had already been building up the "scout elf" story and how Santa sends an elf to kids houses and the elf reports back on their behavior, etc., so Tiki was ready. I put Willie on the piano and told Teeks that his visitor was here.

To say that Teeks was skeptical of Willie would be an understatement. He was like "That is NOT a real elf". I said "No, I know. It's the North Pole law that elves CANNOT interact with humans, so when we come in the room he turns into a stuffed elf." And to that he replied "You are telling a lie." So I let it go for a while and then right before bed (a truly horrific time for us each night) I brought Willie back up and asked "Where do you think Willie will hide tonight and where will we find him in the morning?" And this is what I heard from inside the closet as he was getting undressed "Listen, I believe in Santa, but I do NOT believe in Willie."

That kid is lucky he's cute :-)

1 comment:

donna manning said...

That's the funniest story I've heard yet from you. You can't pull a fast one on Tyler!
Love you,
Donna, the aunt