Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I thought it wouldn’t get worse…

But it did.

I got home last night and started getting T3 ready for VBS (yes nighttime VBS – awesome for working moms). As I was helping him get ready we somehow ended up in front of the window – in the clarifying sunlight and it was then that I saw the gum all over his face…8 hours after Gum-gate originally took place. I followed the trail of gum around his right cheek until it led me to his right ear. There I found the entire back of his ear covered in gum.Are you freakin’ kidding me?

I had to get an ice cube to try to ‘freeze off’ the gum from his back, cheeks, nose and right ear. That didn’t work so I ended up having to chew up my own piece of gum and then use that with the “lift-off” technique. Gross.

After we got most of it off I went out on the shaky limb to ask why there was gum behind his ear he said “Well, Daddy said that if you need to stick your gum somewhere to save it, behind your ear is safer than your back”.

T1s real age of 40
+T3s real age of 6
+ gum + sarcasm
– my real age of 37
= my 64 new gray hairs and the slow decomposition of my sanity.

No comments: